An Inspiring Site

I know those of you reading this blog who do not have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome yourself might have a hard time really understanding what it is all about. Sure, I have provided some information about my daughter, and some links to sites that explain it from a medical aspect. However, it's just not the same as hearing first hand how it effects adults. I am on a lot of mailing lists where I hear daily about the ups and downs that EDS can bring, and they provide me with a lot of insight as to what to expect with my daughter. But that doesn't help you - a person reading this with no prior knowledge about EDS.

Tonight I've been surfing around reading blogs that other people with EDS have written. I am going to post what is currently my very favorite one. I hope you will take the time to read it because it is really insightful as to how EDS can effect your life, and it's done in a very interesting and honest way. Not to mention the great humor that is speckled throughout.

So, I'm pleased to send you to read "Girl, Dislocated" - I hope it teaches you a little more about life with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

http://girldislocated.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Girl, Dislocated said...

It is so amazing to me what a great advocate you are for your daughter, and how many EDS-related issues you've been able to address and remedy! It makes me so happy to read about your meetings with her school, and all the problems you've been able to alleviate as a result--all of it really makes a difference. I say that from the experience of not having an advocate while I was in school. Just as an example, I took PE all the way up until middle school, and was constantly getting injured--in and out of braces, on and off crutches, etc. My gym teachers would even make fun of me and call me names. No one ever suggested I shouldn't be in PE at all, and as soon as the current injury healed, I'd be put right back into PE only to be injured again.

So, to me, your site is inspiring! Keep us posted!